Expressive Arts and Design
Aspects of expressive arts and design includes; Creating with Materials and Being Imaginate and Expressive
Children are encouraged to have their own ideas and make choices about how to do things.
Through active learning and enabled environments, we aim for children to enjoy and achieve by being motivated and engaged to;
- Safely use and explore a variety of materials, tools and techniques, experimenting with colour, design, texture, form and function.
- Share their creations, explaining the process they have used.
- Make use of props and materials when role-playing characters in narratives and stories
- Invent, adapt and recount narratives and stories with peers and their teacher.
- Sing a range of well-known nursery rhymes and songs.
- Perform songs, rhymes, poems and stories with others, and – when appropriate – try to move in time with music.