History of the School
Oxon is a Voluntary Controlled Church of England Primary School which has close links with Christ Church Shelton and Oxon, Bicton Heath.
The school first opened in 1861 on a site next to the current parish church on the Welshpool Road. In 1959 the school began to move to this, its current site opening initially with two classrooms. The school has grown considerably over recent years and now has fourteen classes.