Home School Agreement
We ask all new parents to sign our Home School Agreement; this sets out the shared expectations of both parents and the school.
- ensure that my child attends school regularly, on time, correctly dressed and properly equipped.
- inform the school promptly of the reasons for any absence.
- inform the school of any concerns or problems which might affect the work, welfare or behaviour of my child.
- encourage my child to make the most of the educational opportunities offered by the school and to give support and encouragement in school work and homework.
- attend parents’ evenings and work with the school to help my child progress.
- support the school’s efforts to maintain proper order and discipline so that the school will be a safe and secure place for pupils and staff.
School will try to/agree to:
- ensure that children are taught well, cared for and treated fairly.
- identify, help and encourage children to make constructive use of their talents.
- provide an orderly, secure and happy environment in which children can learn and grow up.
- inform parents about the work children will be doing, offer advice on how parents can help and keep parents informed of children’s progress.
- listen to and act upon parents’ concerns and anxieties.
- keep parents informed about school activities and the opportunities to participate in them.
Pupils will try to/agree to:
- treat others with courtesy, consideration and respect.
- attend regularly, and on time.
- tackle all the work set as well as I can.
- treat the school and its grounds with respect.
- observe the school’s rules/code of conduct.